Yonhon was born in Penang, Malaysia. He completed his Bachelor of Engineering (with First Class Honours and University Medal) and Doctor of Philosophy in Engineering from the Australian National University. He is currently a Research Fellow in RSEEME, Australian National University.
His current research interests include equivariant observer, Bayesian estimator, visual odometry, simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM), optical flow and radio-based localization.
He was a reviewer for the following conferences and journals:
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2018
- European Control Conference (ECC), 2018
- Australian and New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC), 2018
- Image and Vision Computing, 2017
- Image and Vision Computing, 2016
- Information Sciences, 2016
He was also a co-chair of a session at Australian and New Zealand Control Conference (ANZCC), 2017.