Ankur Sharma received his B.E. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Aligarh Muslim University, India in 2015. Since then, he has been involved in research related to Novel nanomaterials for Micro and Nano systems for photonics and opto-electronic applications. He was part of the team that made the World's Thinnest Lens in March 2016. Media Coverage
He is the recipient of one Guinness World Record and the prestigious Honorary Award by the Vice Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University for outstanding research credentials.
He has also won an Inter-univeristy Entreprenuership Competetion held at University of South Australia in July 2017, where he highlighted the commercial viability of his research. News
Two Dimensional Materials
Photonics and Opto-electronics
Mechanical Resonators (MEMS and NEMS)
- Sharma Ankur, et al. “Super-transport of Coherent Excitons in Atomically Thin Organic Semiconductors at the 2D Quantum Limit”. (Under Round-2 Review at Nature Photonics, 2019). (Impact Factor: 37.9)
- Sharma Ankur, et al. “Efficient and Layer-dependent Exciton pumping Across Atomically Thin Organic-Inorganic Type-I Heterostructures.” Advanced Materials (2018). (Impact factor (IF): 21.9)
- Sharma Ankur, et al. "Highly Enhanced Many-Body Interactions in Anisotropic 2D Semiconductors." Accounts of chemical research (2018). (IF: 20.9)
- Sharma Ankur, et al. "Defect Engineering in Few‐Layer Phosphorene”. Small (2018). (IF: 9.5)
- Vogl T, Sharma Ankur, et al. “Radiation tolerance of two-dimensional material-based devices for space applications”. Nature Communications, 2019. (IF: 12.4)
- Sharma Ankur et al. “Engineering the Exciton/Trion Dynamics and Transport in Monolayer WS2” Submitted to Nature Communication (IF: 12.4), April 2019.
- Sharma Ankur et al. “Quasi-line spectral emissions from high crystalline 1D Organic Nanowires”-Submitted to Nature Physics (IF: 22.8), May 2019.
- Zhang L, Sharma Ankur, et al. “Modulated Interlayer Charge Transfer dynamics in Monolayer TMD/Metal Junction”. Nanoscale, 2018. (IF: 7.2)
- Wang X, Sharma Ankur et al. “An Adaptive Soft Plasmonic Nanosheet Resonator”. Accepted in Laser & Photonics Reviews, 2018. (IF: 8.0)
- Sharma, Ankur., Varshney, U., & Lu, Y. (2015). Electronic applications of graphene mechanical resonators. IET Circuits, Devices & Systems, 9(6), 413-419.
- Sharma, Ankur. K., Desnavi, S., Dixit, C., Varshney, U., & Sharma, A. (2015). Extraction of Nickel Nanoparticles from Electroplating Waste and Their Application in Production of Bio-diesel from Biowaste. International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications, 6(3), 156.
- Achieved world-wide recognition and extensive media coverage (https://bit.ly/2TsU6I4) for the release of my innovative research outcomes in the field of nanotechnology and sustainable electronic device development.
- Invited by DFAT Australia as an ‘Expert Speaker and Panel Member’ for the Australian Financial Review-India-Australia Business Summit, November 2018, which was attended by His Excellency ‘The President of India’ and Honourable Prime Minister of Australia.
- Winner of the Prestigious ANU, Three Minute Thesis (3MT) competition. August 2018. (Media: https://bit.ly/2AYXTpH and Radio interviews).
- Winner of the ANN Entrepreneurship Challenge, 2017. Adelaide, July 2017. (Topic: The marketability of flexible screens for handheld devices). (https://cecs.anu.edu.au/news/australian-national-university-phd-student-wins-nanotechnology-competition)
- Formally recognised by ANU’s Vice-Chancellor for exceptional contributions towards the University.
- Invited by the Director, City of Sydney as an expert speaker for Sustainability Vision 2030 program for Sydney.
- Awarded ‘Letter of Recognition’ from CPAS, ANU for outstanding teaching, mentoring and communication skills.
- Dean’s Travel Grant, CECS, ANU. August 2018
- Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN) Early Career Researcher grant. October 2018
- ANU Vice Chancellor’s Travel grant, March 2017
- ANN Entrepreneurship Award and Travel Grant. July 2017
- Graphene ® Young International Research Travel Award, by European Graphene Foundation, March 2017.
Course Convener: ENGN 4221- Sytems Engineering Projects Honours.
ENGN1217/2217: Introduction to Mechanics.
ENGN1218/2218: Introduction to Electronics.
ENGN4200: Final year project for Engineering students.
ENGN 6250/8260: Professional practice for Engineers based on EA/ACS code of conduct.