Want to see your research make a difference in the world?
ON Prime empowers Australian researchers to attract the resources they need to create impact.
Purpose built for researchers, the hands-on learning program provides you with the skills to take your projects and career forward by navigating the changing research landscape. ON Prime is a free national program open to researchers from Australian universities and public research organisations.
During the eight weeks of ON Prime, you will develop a deeper understanding of the people who could benefit the most from your research and sharpen skills to communicate with that audience. Across six full-day sessions, expert facilitators and mentors will support you to build evidence for the impact of your research, so you can make a difference in the world and attract the resources you need along the way.
Time is carved out in the sessions for you to work on your project and connect with potential beneficiaries, new partners or industry. In addition to the face-to-face sessions, teams find opportunities during the week to have short, sharp conversations to get insights from people outside the program. Through the journey, you will explore the impact your research can make and build new networks to create real change in the world.
As teams continue to advance their work, there is a performance bonus of up to $3000 available for every team at the completion of the program. Teams who really excel have an opportunity to gain an extra $2000 to further their project.
Every team's pathway through ON Prime is different. However, common outcomes from the 253 teams who have completed the program in the past 2.5 years include:
- Attracting new funding sources
- Establishing new partnerships
- Increasing industry engagement
- Improving clarity around the impact and focus of your research
- Increasing confidence communicating your research
- Forming team bonds in a new project group
- Licensing IP or creating a new startup venture (ON provides additional free programs and support for people on these pathways)
- Support and guidance from expert facilitators
- 400+ strong national network of mentors
- Develop cross-discipline network amongst peers, stakeholders or industry
- Straightforward application process (average time to prepare and complete application is one hour)
- Potential access to significant follow-on support
- All ON programs are free and do not take any equity from your project
- All Intellectual Property (IP) remains with you or your institution
For more information, please visit the ONPrime website.